At Eastons Lettings and Management we do things a little differently, we understand that your investment or previous home holds not only monetary value but also emotional value as well. We are committed to finding the right tenant for you no matter how long it takes, we would rather advise against proceeding with a particular tenant and continue searching than placing the wrong person in to your investment.
Other Letting agents will place anyone who makes the first offer into the property with the bare minimum of checks performed. We pride ourselves in matching the right tenant for you, then performing an outsourced full reference on the new tenant which entails a full credit check, right to rent in the UK check, a previous landlord check and an employment check via our referencing partners Blinc Tenant Referencing. Most letting agents will only carry out the first two and are really unable to build a proper picture of whom you will be letting in to your property.
Before we meet with you, we will have carried out extensive research on what the current market is achieving for property like yours. We know that for every week that passes money will be lost. Price accuracy is one of the most important factors when choosing an agent, this can have an effect on so many different aspects of the rental including quality of tenant, longevity and speed of letting period.
We will tailor our range of competitive packages to suit your needs, we will not sell you unnecessary services that you will not benefit from; although over 150 landlords love our Fully Managed Package and entrust us with managing their investment on a daily basis. They are able to gain services like rental protection with nil excess, a dedicated property manager, a dedicated property inspector, periodic inspection reports including photographs, emergency 24/7 call out, etc. This level of service really does mean that the hassle is taken out of being a landlord.
We will market your property in all the right places, meaning it will be on all the major property portals including Rightmove.co.uk , Zoopla.co.uk and Primelocation.co.uk . We will also place a To Let board up which is although one of the oldest is still one of the best key marketing tools. You will also have access to our large tenant database which includes corporate and relocation contacts for blue chip companies. Our lettings particulars are not just FYI only, they include key information for tenants including a full 3D floor plan, council tax banding and EPC rating enabling most to make a decision on the spot.
All of our Assured Shorthold Agreements are updated annually by the Lettings Centre keeping in line with the ever changing legislation. We also protect the tenants deposit within the Deposit Protection Service meaning neither the landlord, the agent or the tenant can access this until a mutual agreement has been made from both the landlord and the tenant on the release.Tenant Find, Rent Collection and Full Management.
Tenant Find - The most basic package usually used by landlords that are local to the property and who want to be very hands on with the let. For our fee we will:
- Create a set of particulars including photos and floorplan
- Advertise on all the major property portals including rightmove, zoopla and prime location
- No deposit retrieval service
- Conduct viewings and provide live feedback
- Source and reference full the prospective tenant/s, this includes an employer previous landlord and a credit check
- Draw up the tenancy agreement approved by The Lettings Centre
- Receipt the first month’s rent and the deposit from the tenants
- Lodge the deposit with the DPS at a charge
- All tenants details are handed over to you
- We have no renewal fees, just an admin charge for the production of a new tenancy agreement for years, 2, 3 etc
- Make sure you are compliant at the beginning of the tenancy
Fee: 6% of the total annual rent + VATRent Collection –
Payable at a monthly percentage. Usually used to spread the commission over the course of the tenancy, you will still be managing the property. For this we will:
- All of Tenant Find Service, Plus
- produce statements each month which will be sent to you via email
- arrange for the tenants to pay us direct,
- produce statements for use by an accountant or self-assessment
- chase the tenant and issue any legal documentation if no rental payment is received
- protect the rental payments with a Rent Guarantee for the duration of the tenancy
Fee: 8% of each month’s rent + VAT for the duration of the tenancy.Fully Managed –
The complete package. You hand us the keys and we then deal with the day to day running of the property including project managing major works, this include3s:
- All of the above two services
- Rent guarantee for the duration of tenancy whether it is a 12 months 36 or 48 you are covered
- Inspections, first month after the tenant moves in, then every four months thereafter
- Reports of the Inspection sent to you including photographs and advisory measures sent via email
- Lodge the deposit with the DPS
- Deposit retrieval assistance
- A dedicated property manager
- 24/7 emergency plumber and electrician
- Utilities Suppliers informed
- Day to day running of the property i.e. tenants come to us with any questions you may have, or dealing with any problems such as boiler breakdowns plumbing faults, electrical faults etc
Fee: 10% of each month’s rent + VAT for the duration of the tenancy.